About a year ago, I posted that I was working on a second edition of Bring Your Own Bandages. The first edition came out nearly six years ago, and a lot has been written since then. Several of you offered to proofread and edit for me. I sent out manuscript sections, and then experienced major laptop issues and lost some work. And trying to figure out how to work suggested edits with Google Docs sent me over the edge. So I abandoned the idea for about six months.
Now I'm back at it and will finish it this time. But it will be a few months. Anyway, I figured I'd ask your thoughts this time on the title. Do you like Bring Your Own Bandages, 2nd Edition? Or do you have a suggestion or two or three? If you'd like to share, you can do so in the comments or email me directly.
And for today's article, scroll down or check the sidebar.
And for you diligent readers, I'm sorry, but I'll have to post this notice a few times.
Jennifer is it an expansion of the first book or a complete revision-replacement?
ReplyDeleteExpansion as in old book with revisions would be IMHO 2nd Edition
It is a revised and expanded 2nd edition. It contains the revised and edited original material (I can't tell you how mortifying it was to edit that first edition--I was embarrassed, to say the least) plus the past nearly six years of new conventional medicine material. I've learned a lot about formatting (though you sure can't see it on the blog!), so this book will be much better-looking. And I like to think that I have become a better writer. It's about four times longer. I feared that it would cost more to print a much larger book, but quick research on Amazon revealed that it doesn't cost any more to print a 8.5x11" book than a 6x9". I hate having to look in more books for the answer, so I think keeping it all in one book makes more sense.
Delete2nd Edition and let me know when it's ready :-)
DeleteHi Jennifer: Amazon.com paperback print cost _Is_ higher per unit for 'Large trim' sizes (larger than 6.12 wide OR 9.0 inches tall) are $0.54 more for first 108 pages, AND then $0.017 per pages 109 and up...versus smaller books $0.012 per pages 109 and above. See: https://kdp.amazon.com/en_US/help/topic/G201834340
DeleteUpdate to above: pricing info is for B&W ink interior. Color interior (reg. & premium) does have the same base cost $1.00 per book, and elevated per page cost for large trim sizes.
Delete