Monday, October 27, 2025

Armageddon Pharmacy Herb Identification Photographs and a Question to Ascertain Interest

You might have noticed new buttons in the ribbon above.  Over the past 18 months, I've had people comment that they would like photographs to help them identify herbs in the wild.  Even if the wild is only in the backyard.  Sometimes we just don't know what we're looking at.  

In case you hadn't noticed, I am something of a Luddite in a tech-obsessed world.  I figured people would simply use the free Picture This! app to identify plants.  Maybe I'm not the only Luddite on the plant.

Someone suggested that the photos could be posted on the blog.  It's still a work in progress.  I wanted to put them all in a single file, but that took forever to load.  So I divided the photos into four groups, organized alphabetically by their common names.  On the plus side, I can include multiple photos for those that may be more difficult to identify from a single image.  Sadly, I have not yet figured out how to crop out all the white space. 

 

Secondly, KOTPE (King of the Picky Eaters) is a metallurgical engineer by trade.  Last night, he suggested that he'd be interested in writing a guest post for this blog, perhaps once a month, on an engineering/metallurgy/EMP type topic, if you readers would be interested.  And if you readers ask the question or suggest a specific topic to be addressed.  And then I had to agree to polish it and make it fit for publication.  Let us know in the comments or by email.

7 comments:

  1. Wow - nice work on the picture references. Thank you!
    And by all means some engineering musings thrown into the mix would be interesting..

    ReplyDelete
  2. As a fellow engineering type i would love to hear what he has to say

    Exile1981

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm looking forward to browsing the photos and I would also be interested in reading what your son might share with us, especially anything related to EMP preparedness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anything about steelmaking and interesting alloys would be nice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, please to the steelmaking etc. & appreciate the pics! If you have a chemist in the family/trust circle, some articles in that area would be great; there are so many people who don't even kniw not to mix bleach & ammonia😵

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely would love all knowledge from another KOTPE (I have one too). I appreciate the plant identification Photos and the app. I didn’t know it existed and I will give it a try. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How too from a backyard level process would be awesome.

    Even little things like how to ID low carbon vs high carbon steel by grinder test would be awesome.

    ReplyDelete

What Are You Preparing For?