Wednesday, October 15, 2025

Seven Years

Today marks seven years that I’ve been writing this blog.  I certainly never anticipated this.  I’m sure you didn’t, either.

Yet here we are.  Will we be here in another year?  The powers that be have managed to kick the can for so long.  Just as I have wondered previously whether the can couldn’t be kicked any further, I’m wondering it now.  We seem to be edging ever closer to world war as well as civil unrest.  The prices for gold and silver have been skyrocketing, which only means that the dollar is inflating away.  Hyperinflation could be well around the corner, along with everything that normally accompanies it. 

We all know that the turmoil only increases the closer we get to the Savior’s return.  We are all better prepared now for the uncertain times ahead than we were seven years ago.  I know I am much better prepared, and I thank you for that, for your encouragement and motivation.  For your kindness.  For all that you have taught me. 

When the recipe for Lemon Blueberry Zucchini Muffins posts on Friday, it will be number 1500, which means I’m writing just over 200 new posts each year.  I’ve been contemplating whether to set a goal to make it to 2000 posts, and then be done.  That would be another 2.5 years.  However, I really don’t want this to just be a recipe blog, though that would make the final 500 posts easy.  But I fear that I wouldn’t find enough other topics to address. 

I spent an hour trying to fall asleep.  I think I got close a couple of times, but not close enough.  I haven’t had this kind of trouble in months.  I normally travel with sleeping pills, just in case, but I don’t usually have trouble here at Professor and Belle’s place.  And the sleeping pills are still in the car.  And I hate taking them anyway. 

So is that fear what is keeping me awake right now, at 1:19 AM Mountain Time, after being awakened at 5:30 AM Pacific Time, and then packing and spending the day driving to Utah?  Am I stressed about not being able to come up with enough articles?  And no, I know it’s not something to stress about consciously, but is it bothering me subconsciously?  So did God keep me awake so I could finish this post? (Which takes us down to 499)?  So He could show me another topic to write about?  Which I came across while writing a different post?  And which is a condition Aaron experienced last year and which I’m betting isn’t covered in the off-grid medical texts?  (But I don’t know, because I didn’t haul those books with me.)

I’m sorry if this is a bit rambling.  I know it isn’t prep-worthy.  I’ll be back to business tomorrow.  Promise.

7 comments:

  1. We would miss you if you called it quit at 2000. I for one plan to still check your blog posts after the collapse between watching the zombies freeze in the snow.

    Exile1981

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own all your books & read your blog daily. I am not able to do everything, but am better prepared because of your wisdom. I would sorely miss your work if you stopped. Many thanks

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on 7 years. Maintaining a regular blog, let alone a blog that is interesting and informative, is quite a feat considering the financial remuneration is almost nil for most of us. They really turn into a form of labor of love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Many people haven't noticed but, in the last seven years, many formerly successful preparedness blogs have collapsed and exited the internet. You're still standing. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, seven years. Congratulations! I think I must've been following you from nearly the beginning, and have learned soooo much. Thank you for all you've done. I, too would miss your posts very much if you called it quits.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please continue as long as you can Jennifer. You have a talent and Matthew 25:14-30; Luke 19:12-28 speak to that.

    I learn something from almost every post of yours.

    NEVER, NEVER downgrade food panty recipes.

    Food is more than mere survival, Food done with skill and love give HOPE. And often when things are crazy HOPE is critical.

    Magic Mix alone is a worth accomplishment to pass along.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't always read every article but almost all and I have all your books so they'll be available to refer to if/when there's no internet. I've made several of your recipes, so those are definitely worth continuing.

    I think it's incredible that you have managed to continue publishing for so long--I've referred so many people to your site as one that they can trust. I would love to see you continue, but it's definitely something between you and the Lord. I guess it's been part of your "mission" and you've done an excellent job with it.

    I agree with all the comments already made here and truly appreciate all the effort and work you have gone to in providing this information to share with us. Thank you for everything! (But continue as long as you can!)

    ReplyDelete