Thursday, November 19, 2020

COVID Lockdowns Ramping Up--What's Your Next Step?

Reports from all over the country indicate that COVID admissions are spiking and overloading already taxed hospitals.  And apparently administrators that could have chosen to build up a stockpile of supplies to be ready for a potential second wave neglected to do so.  People are panicking and toilet paper, paper towels, and cleaning supplies are again being rationed.  If you are among those who didn’t prepare, and even if you did, I highly recommend taking a look at a post that appeared earlier this year.

The First 100 Items to Disappear

It might remind you of something you need to get.  Pronto.  At the very least you can track whether your fellow Americans and government are following the same path as they did in March and April.  Food supplies, baby needs, and garden seeds might top your list.  I’m not even going to mention canning lids.  They’re still hard to find, though I have seen a few scattered reports of canning jars in grocery stores here and there.  My local Smith’s has had the same two 25-pound bags of flour on the bottom shelf in the baking section for the past two months.  Tuesday (17 November 2020) they had at least twenty of those 25-pound bags, from a few different companies.  I’d guess they’re ramping up for something.

The next step you might consider is the only item I wished I’d had on hand for my family during the first part of this crisis.  It was something I’d never heard about, so never considered acquiring.  Hydroxychloroquine is a very inexpensive anti-malarial drug also used to treat lupus and rheumatoid arthritis.  And COVID.  As we live in a desert and do not know anyone with lupus or rheumatoid arthritis, we didn’t have any.  By the time I decided I wanted some in March, it was too late.  All Day Chemist in India stopped shipping all critical medications for a while. 

I placed an order with All Day Chemist on October 30 and received it within 2 weeks.  As of this writing, they still have hydroxychloroquine in stock.  Most of the dosing protocols that physicians online report using are for 10-12 200-mg tablets per person. 

Do you want to order some yourself?  I have no idea.  There are so many contradictory reports from our government and pharmaceutical industry telling us that they have a vaccine coming, Remdesivir is more effective (albeit 50-100 times more in cost, and some say less effective), we’re taking hydroxychloroquine away from those who depend on it, etc.  I do know that for $42.00, I have one 5-day course of treatment for every member of my family plus a spare.  That brings me peace.  I’ll write more about how doctors use hydroxychloroquine next week.

Links to related posts:

Reviving Canning Lids

Acquiring Antibiotics 

Where to Purchase Medical Supplies

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for passing on the info on All Day Chemist. I looked, and they have not only Hydroxychloroquine, but Ivermectin as well. I'm just a little nervous about sending an 'e-check' to pay for it, though. Is this how you paid, or did you use one of the other options?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally understand being nervous. I was as well, and honestly, I still am most every time. But I have never had a problem, and in all my years--over 10 now--of being on prepping forums where ADC has been discussed, I have never heard of a single problem with them. The order is always correct. Like I, others have also had shipments seized by US Customs. But everyone else has also said the seized order was replaced very quickly.

      Delete
    2. Oh, wanted to add I have another post on ivermectin and COVID next week. The current protocol from Eastern Virginia Medical University is just two 200-mg tablets of ivermectin (along with supplements). Just thought you might want to know if you're placing an order. Have a great day!

      Delete