One of my ongoing projects in preparedness is putting together quick and tasty emergency meals. Some of the new recipes I want to test call for powdered beef bouillon, and I only have the refrigerated paste-type stuff. Unfortunately, I can't just run to the store and buy some. The budget is super-tight since my husband lost his job (mining company he worked for got sold to a Canadian company), and while he received a very generous severance package, it's tough to be looking for a job when you're over fifty, and even worse for people in IT. So, I've got to DIY the beef bouillon.
The DIY chicken bouillon I posted about a few months ago works very well. I figured I could just substitute chicken bouillon for the beef bouillon, and it would probably taste just fine in most recipes. But I want to be able to make onion soup mix as well, and in there I think the chicken flavor won't work so well. So for this, I really have to make my own beef bouillon granules. And the DIY bouillon needs to use ingredients I already store.
So the first thing to do is dehydrate some cooked hamburger. I posted instructions for that last year. After the hamburger is fully dehydrated, run it through the blender. It becomes a nice powder fairly quickly. Then use it to make the beef bouillon mix below.
Beef Bouillon Mix
1/2 cup dehydrated, powdered, cooked hamburger
2 tablespoons dehydrated, powdered mushrooms
1 tablespoon dehydrated, minced onions
1 teaspoon each garlic powder, oregano, thyme, paprika, and salt
1/2 teaspoon celery salt
Combine well. Store this in a canning jar for up to six months.
After you've got the beef bouillon made, you can then use it to make onion soup mix.
Onion Soup Mix
1/4 cup dehydrated minced onion
2 tablespoons beef bouillon granules
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon parsley
1/8 teaspoon celery seed
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon paprika
Combine all ingredients well. Substitutes for one package of onion soup mix.
Links to related posts:
Dehydrating Hamburger
DIY Chicken Bouillon
Meals in a Jar
Just-Add-Water Soups
Instant Meals
Preparedness survival
emergency bugging out in bug pack survivalist prepper freeze dried
dehydrated food storage gamma lid bucket #10 can medicine supplies supply
emergencies disaster natural civil war political unrest hyperinflation
inflation canning jar Mylar oxygen absorber disease
© 2019, PrepSchoolDaily.blogspot.com
injury pneumothorax family
children antibiotics alternative refrigeration solar communications salmonella
pneumonia CPR medic mask gloves beans wheat rice oats corn oil coconut water
purification filtration iodine pasta sugar salt iodized dry powdered milk
mountain house essentials bread education home school vitamins skills chickens
goats rabbits homestead redoubt American fuel wood ticks mosquitoes repellent
disinfect sterilize ArmageddoPreparedness survival
emergency bugging out in bug pack survivalist prepper freeze dried
dehydrated food storage gamma lid bucket #10 can medicine supplies supply
emergencies disaster natural civil war political unrest hyperinflation
inflation canning jar Mylar oxygen absorber disease
injury pneumothorax family
children antibiotics alternative refrigeration solar communications salmonella
pneumonia CPR medic mask gloves beans wheat rice oats corn oil coconut water
purification filtration iodine pasta sugar salt iodized dry powdered milk
mountain house essentials bread education home school vitamins skills chickens
goats rabbits homestead redoubt American fuel wood ticks mosquitoes repellent
disinfect sterilize ArmageddoPreparedness survival
emergency bugging out in bug pack survivalist prepper freeze dried
dehydrated food storage gamma lid bucket #10 can medicine supplies supply
emergencies disaster natural civil war political unrest hyperinflation
inflation canning jar Mylar oxygen absorber disease
injury pneumothorax family
children antibiotics alternative refrigeration solar communications salmonella
pneumonia CPR medic mask gloves beans wheat rice oats corn oil coconut water
purification filtration iodine pasta sugar salt iodized dry powdered milk
mountain house essentials bread education home school vitamins skills chickens
goats rabbits homestead redoubt American fuel wood ticks mosquitoes repellent
disinfect sterilize Armageddo
- Home
- Alternative Medicine
- Conventional Medicine
- Expanded Food Storage
- Basic Food Storage
- Book Reviews
- Recipe Catalog
- Tips
- History
- Disease
- About Me
- CONTACT US
- BUY BOOKS HERE
- Armageddon Pharmacy Herb Identification Photographs A - D
- Armageddon Pharmacy Herb Identification Photographs E - L
- Armageddon Pharmacy Herb Identification Photographs M - R
- Armageddon Pharmacy Herb Identification Photographs S - Z
- Armageddon Pharmacy Therapeutic Usage Index
- Armageddon Pharmacy + Therapeutic Usage Index
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
(I'm posting on Michael's behalf. He can't make it post on his end, and it's not working for me here, either. I have to a...
-
Asclepias speciosa Asclepiadaceae Full disclosure: I don’t know if I have regretted planting any seeds more than this one. They ...
-
Store what you eat; eat what you store. We’ve all seen that counsel frequently enough. And it’s important. There’s no point in storing...
-
I’ve seen reports that US Customs and Border rules and regulations are changing and I’ve received emails from All Day Chemist to that effect...
-
Telfa pads are non-adhering gauze bandages especially useful for wounds that are lightly oozing. They come in two sizes--2x3 and 3x4. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment