Friday, May 10, 2024

Peanut Butter Fudge—Good Eats at the TEOTWAWKI Café

Last week, my friend Vicki, author of the Mom’s Scribbles blog, posted a quick and simple recipe for microwave peanut butter fudge.  I love peanut butter, I love a little something sweet, and I really love quick and simple.  And needing a fast treat for dessert last Saturday, I decided to give this recipe a try.  Of course, I since this is partly a food storage blog, I had to tweak the recipe a little to utilize shelf-stable coconut oil and powdered milk in place of the butter and fresh milk.

Vicki’s Microwave Peanut Butter Fudge

1 cup sugar

2 tablespoons butter

1/3 cup milk

1 cup peanut butter

Microwave the sugar, butter, and milk in a large glass bowl for 3 minutes.  Stir to blend and then stir in peanut butter. Pour into a buttered 8-9” pan.  Chill until firm.

 

Prep School Daily’s Peanut Butter Fudge

1 cup sugar

4 teaspoons powdered milk

1/3 cup water

2 tablespoons melted coconut oil

1 cup peanut butter

In a buttered 8-9” glass pan, combine the sugar and powdered milk very well.  Stir in the water and coconut oil.  Microwave the mixture on high for 3 minutes.  Stir to blend and then stir in the peanut butter.  Chill until firm.

Family reviews:  When you’ve got to have some sugar, this will do very nicely.  I ate more than I should have and then Blueberry Girl suggested it was time to stop.  QOTPE, KOTPE, Blueberry Girl, Aaron, and Buttercup all agreed it was tasty.  However, Blueberry Girl also thought it was a bit grainy (maybe I should have microwaved it longer?) and a bit sweet.  She suggested substituting powdered sugar next time.  I might do that.

Links to related posts:

Peanut Butter—It’s Not Just for Sandwiches  

Basics of Powdered Milk  

Basic Food Storage—Coconut Oil  

 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Jennifer! I'll have to try your version. Good stuff, no matter the ingredients. :)

    ReplyDelete

Tips for Better Baking with Whole Wheat