For me, not you. Sorry.
Blueberry Girl's been planning a dream trip to South Korea for the past 6-8 months and particularly wanted to be there to see the cherry blossoms. She originally invited to take me with her; however, I knew she'd have a lot more fun with Ellie. And besides, I didn't like the idea of taking a vacation without my sweetie. Taking the children to see grandparents for a couple of weeks is one thing, but an official vacation is an entirely different matter. It just didn't seem right.
Well, as you know, Ellie found her Prince Charming and decided she would not be able to leave him behind. Blueberry Girl begged her not to plan the wedding for cherry blossom season. (In case you're wondering, cherry blossom season started two weeks ago and finishes up in about a week.) When Blueberry Girl got dumped, she rather nervously selected QOTPE as her second choice. But QOTPE sometimes gets busy, as college students aiming for perfect GPAs and planning on careers in medicine often do. Blueberry Girl wasn't convinced that QOTPE would get her passport in time, and so I was the fallback.
And as we were sitting at the table last month, maybe even late February, and Blueberry Girl was buying the plane tickets, we were talking about travel in general. I haven't wanted to go anywhere by plane since our government started going nuts with the crazy rules and regulations after 9-11. Zero desire, and my whole family knows my feelings on that matter. I did get on the plane to take Jared to the Mayo Clinic twice, but that was only because he really could not travel that distance by car. Anyway, as we were sitting there, I said something along the lines of "I'd sell my soul to go to Korea."
And "Poof!" she bought the tickets.
Which was her plan, with Aaron's hearty approval, all along. She thought she and QOTPE should have some adult supervision, fearing that without it one of them would come home in chains and the other in a box. Or so she says.
I know I ran a lot of repeat articles in the days leading up to the wedding, and I'm sorry to have to do more. International travel to a dream destination is not conducive to daily preparedness blogging.
I have always taken my laptop with me when traveling, even when camping. But not this time. I will have my phone, but you know how technology-impaired I am. I don't know if I'll be able to figure out how to log in. And even if I can, the cost is a little steep for checking in daily. If I can figure it out, I might check in and post a picture or two at the end of that day's blog article.
Anyway, while I'm gone for the next two weeks, Aaron will be the sub. Like the best substitutes we had in school, he'll basically expect nothing and do nothing except monitor the comments to make sure there isn't any spam.
Keep on prepping and get those gardens planted.
Have a great time!
ReplyDeleteHave fun, enjoy the blossoms and I promise not to put a tack on Aaron's chair.
ReplyDeleteExile1981
Sounds like the trip of a lifetime!
ReplyDeleteHave a great trip with your daughter!
ReplyDelete