When it comes to war (and by this I mean all-out war that alters our daily lives), the people on all sides always boast that it will end quickly. The big wars—the American Civil War, WWI, WWII, for example—are never a surprise except to the woefully ignorant. Hostilities are stoked for some time before shots are ever fired. As part of the propaganda, the intelligence and capabilities of the enemy are completely dismissed. The powers that be suggest that the war will end quickly, and the gullible always fall for it.
Governments utilize wars to divert the people’s attention from the problems at hand and to deflect the blame that they would otherwise place on the government. Politicians feel a whole lot safer when their constituents blame a foreign country for domestic problems such as economic collapse rather than the failed policies of government. And wars can very quickly solve a nasty unemployment issue.
The media endlessly promote the importance of making personal sacrifices to support the soldiers, and complaining about shortages becomes unpatriotic. Imports and anything the military says is needed for the war effort simply become unavailable.
Knowing this, and knowing that our nation needs a war (the politicians have to deflect blame for our collapsing economy), we plan for a long war with no trips to the grocery store, no trips to Walmart, and no UPS lady bringing any of the nice stuff she normally does. We must have all the food, clothing, medicine, and basic vehicle maintenance items on hand before hostilities break out.
And then there’s the media. There’s a reason why viewership among so-called news programs has been declining for the past several years—it’s all in direct collusion with a corrupt government. Most of what should be reported, isn’t. Much of what is reported only diverts attention from the real issues. And, believe it or not, this started well over a century ago.
If you take a close look at the 1918 influenza epidemic (The Great Influenza, by John M. Barry, was a real eye-opener), local and federal governments hid the truth about the spread and the severity of the disease. Newspaper reports were whitewashed or completely scrubbed, all for the sake of not panicking the citizenry (and promoting the sale of Liberty bonds so necessary to fleece the people and finance the war). Phone operators were ordered to eavesdrop on private conversations and break the connection if the parties began discussing the epidemic. Forty years previous, journalists were also complicit in hiding the extent and severity of the yellow fever epidemic (see The American Plague, by Molly Caldwell Crosby).
Bottom line? If the media and the government are trying to panic you with reports of the latest outbreak of whatever, and especially if they’re hyping a vaccine to go along with it, there’s probably nothing to worry about (from the disease itself). But if they’re trying to downplay the severity of an outbreak, it’s time to wake up and pay attention to what’s happening around you. Hopefully you have everything you already need to shelter in place for the duration.
In conclusion, history repeats. It always has, it always will. Each generation will experience all-out war and financial collapse. It’s been 75 years since WWII and 90 years since the Great Depression. Our time is up and our turn is coming. Be prepared.
Enjoy the day with your family and friends. May God grant that we'll be able to spend Christmas 2024 with our loved ones again. Merry Christmas!
25 november 2021
ESPECIALLY well said - study your history - read AAR (After Action Reports) whenever possible - the actual truth about the SHTF comes out - actions taken and not revealed during the SHTF are released >>> one of the very best to read that relates to our current pending SHTF(s) is by Selco Begovic - https://www.shtfschool.com/ - Selco survived the urban Balkan Wars - the Ukranians would have loved to have had this knowledge prior to the Ruskie invasion .....
ReplyDeleteI just wanted to thank you for the work you do to make this information available to everyone in easier, understandable language!
ReplyDeleteHappy Holidays!
irontomflint
Jennifer, you have shined a light on an important topic. Nevertheless, when you say, "If the media and the government are trying to panic you with reports of the latest outbreak of whatever, and especially if they’re hyping a vaccine to go along with it, there’s probably nothing to worry about." For probably the first time, you and I heartily disagree. This is exactly what happened with COVID. Tens of millions of Americans lined up and got the Vaxx for no good reason. The long tail from these vaccinations will follow with repercussions over the next decade. "Died suddenly" is now a "thing." The overwhelming mass of COVID deaths involved the elderly and those with co-morbidities. Yet, many institutions forced the Vaxx on even the very young and, sadly, many are still doing it.
ReplyDelete"But if they’re trying to downplay the severity of an outbreak, it’s time to wake up and pay attention to what’s happening around you." There is a very big "if" in that sentence. Most people can't tell if "they" are downplaying the severity of the outbreak, and most people blindly follow what "the authorities" tell them to do. There's the rub.
Early in the pandemic, I took all of the dire predictions of the COVID fatality rate very seriously after I saw the news coverage day after day. And I mean VERY seriously. I think it was by May that I began to smell a rat.
When the Vaxx came along, due to the fact that I already felt as if I had been duped, I was doubly suspicious. My reaction was, "Let Mikey try it."
I am still unVaxxed. No one I know has ever said that he or she regretted not getting the Vaxx. Plenty say the contrary.
Immediately prior to visiting your site, I read a story that the EU is destroying 215 million doses of COVID vaccine, and it's likely 312 million. €5.8 billion down the drain. No one wants to take it.
People have finally wised up.
Well, I'm not so sure that we disagree. In the beginning of COVID, January through very early March, there was nothing in our domestic news for a while, and then there was a little mention, but "nothing to worry about." Meanwhile, we had all kinds of alarming reports out of China.
DeleteThen our government and media flipped, and suddenly everyone was going to die if we all didn't do as the powers that be desired.
I, too, took COVID very seriously in the beginning, not venturing out, not going to church (and we ALWAYS go to church, barring illness). The girls came home from school and quarantined in the tiny house on our property in mid-March. But by mid-April, I also began smelling the rat. The "urgency" with which they were peddling the jabs--and without proper testing and especially aiming at pregnant women and children--told me everything I needed to know.
Maybe I see where our confusion lies, and for that I am at fault. In the part about "there's nothing to worry about", I was referring to the disease itself. There is definitely plenty to worry about when the government/media/powers that be have something they're selling.
Thank you for voicing my thoughts so well.. There are a some of us that see and prepare. As a historian, I'm in the unfortunate position of watching history unfold and it's ugly. Enjoy this calm before the storm gathering your nuts and storing them away. Batton down the hatches as the animals do before winter. It's coming and every day of delay is a gift from God. Use it wisely. Hug your family and get your houses in order. That's what I'm doing. Wishing you and yours a blessed Christmas and healthy New Year.
Delete