When TEOTWAWKI hits, life for those who are pretty much very accustomed to a life of ease will become quite difficult. We'll figure out work-arounds for many things, eventually. Some, like my extremely full of know-how husband, will figure them out sooner than others, like me, who are miserably lacking in common sense.
But if I can read about something, I have a greater chance of remembering and being able to use it later, when needed. Thursday's blog posts will focus on simple helpful hints (I guess they're called life hacks now) that may make hard times a little softer.
Some of these helpful hints will actually be pure genius genuine life hacks, simple suggestions easy to remember, easy to implement, and will make you really grateful to have.
Others will perhaps be something you don't necessarily need or would never use--but if you can keep it in mind, it may be of use to someone around you. I don't necessarily need to know how to make a candle holder out of a soda can--I think we have plenty of lanterns--but someone else might. Maybe that someone is a little less than responsible and wants to borrow my solar lantern. I don't think that's happening. But if I can suggest how to make a little lantern from a soda can and tea light candle, then it's up to him whether he'll be left in the dark.
Regardless, we'll have a review of whether the idea actually works. It's great to hear about someone's great idea, but often those "great" ideas aren't actually all that great. Maybe it takes too much skill or luck or ideal conditions or whatever. I'll include a review by a person who is completely unskilled and inept (me)--perhaps the conditions we'll encounter when we're stressed, in an unfamiliar environment, and "surrounded by idiots" (my daughter's been empathizing with The Lion King's Scar a bit much lately).
© 2019, PrepSchoolDaily.blogspot.com
- Home
- Alternative Medicine
- Conventional Medicine
- Expanded Food Storage
- Basic Food Storage
- Book Reviews
- Recipe Catalog
- Tips
- History
- Disease
- About Me
- CONTACT US
- BUY BOOKS HERE
- Armageddon Pharmacy Herb Identification Photographs A - D
- Armageddon Pharmacy Herb Identification Photographs E - L
- Armageddon Pharmacy Herb Identification Photographs M - R
- Armageddon Pharmacy Herb Identification Photographs S - Z
- Armageddon Pharmacy Therapeutic Usage Index
- Armageddon Pharmacy + Therapeutic Usage Index
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
(I'm posting on Michael's behalf. He can't make it post on his end, and it's not working for me here, either. I have to a...
-
Asclepias speciosa Asclepiadaceae Full disclosure: I don’t know if I have regretted planting any seeds more than this one. They ...
-
Store what you eat; eat what you store. We’ve all seen that counsel frequently enough. And it’s important. There’s no point in storing...
-
I’ve seen reports that US Customs and Border rules and regulations are changing and I’ve received emails from All Day Chemist to that effect...
-
Telfa pads are non-adhering gauze bandages especially useful for wounds that are lightly oozing. They come in two sizes--2x3 and 3x4. ...
No comments:
Post a Comment