By way of introducing this category of the blog, I'd like to share an experience with my son, KOTPE. In
the spring of 2009, my sixteen-year-old son and CrOO (chief rototiller operating officer) was requested to double our garden plot to nearly ¼ acre.
He wasn’t exactly thrilled about
that, but he recognized the need to
prepare and learn. However, KOTPE insisted that if he was doing all this work, we had to plant a whole
lot more corn and watermelon.
Deal!
It was a great year for the garden, and
we were blessed with an overabundance of corn and watermelon (along with everything else). After having corn and watermelon with every single dinner for a few weeks, KOTPE began to object.
I was really surprised.
So I asked, “KOTPE, didn't you
insist on planting more corn and watermelon?” KOTPE got that deer in
the headlights look on his face. “What would you have done in my
situation? If your hard-working children had insisted on more corn and
watermelon—their favorites—would you have planted it?
“Yeah.”
“Would you have been really surprised when they got tired of eating it?”
“Yeah.”
It was an invaluable lesson for us all. Regardless of what our
favorites are, we must have variety. Flavor fatigue really does happen, and that was at a time with lots of other food available, and without any outside stresses.
So this category of the blog will focus on fabulous food (storage) that everyone will be really happy to eat.
- Home
- Alternative Medicine
- Conventional Medicine
- Expanded Food Storage
- Basic Food Storage
- Book Reviews
- Recipe Catalog
- Tips
- History
- Disease
- About Me
- CONTACT US
- BUY BOOKS HERE
- Armageddon Pharmacy Herb Identification Photographs A - D
- Armageddon Pharmacy Herb Identification Photographs E - L
- Armageddon Pharmacy Herb Identification Photographs M - R
- Armageddon Pharmacy Herb Identification Photographs S - Z
- Armageddon Pharmacy Therapeutic Usage Index
- Armageddon Pharmacy + Therapeutic Usage Index
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
-
(I'm posting on Michael's behalf. He can't make it post on his end, and it's not working for me here, either. I have to a...
-
Asclepias speciosa Asclepiadaceae Full disclosure: I don’t know if I have regretted planting any seeds more than this one. They ...
-
I’ve seen reports that US Customs and Border rules and regulations are changing and I’ve received emails from All Day Chemist to that effect...
-
Telfa pads are non-adhering gauze bandages especially useful for wounds that are lightly oozing. They come in two sizes--2x3 and 3x4. ...
-
Well, it probably goes a little beyond that. We already know that a one in ten ER visits involves dental issues. Abscesses, wisdom teeth...
No comments:
Post a Comment