Well, not much to add to this. It's been a busy month and will be a busy weekend.
Anyway, this makes a pretty good dip.
¾ cup powdered milk
1 tablespoon cornstarch
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon onion powder
¼ teaspoon salt
1 ½ cups water
8 ounces pepper jack cheese, shredded
1 can (4 oz) diced green chiles, optional
In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, combine the milk powder, cornstarch, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Slowly stir in the water.
Bring to a gentle simmer for 1-2 minutes while stirring.
Reduce heat to low and gradually add the cheese, making sure it has melted completely before adding more. Taste and add salt if needed. Stir in green chiles, if desired.
Looks good. What did the family think?
ReplyDeleteI was so sure I'd updated this. I must have forgotten to save it. Anyway, none of the kids were home at the time. I took this to an impromptu Christmas party. We all brought too much food, so no one's dishes were cleaned out, but this one came pretty close! It was really quick and easy, and no detection of any powdered milk in the final result. I so wish I could just eat and eat like I did in my younger days. It's so unfair to become a good cook, and yet as one ages, be unable to eat to our heart's delight.
ReplyDelete