Friday, January 5, 2024

Good Eats at the TEOTWAWKI Café—Ranch Roasted Potatoes

As usual, along with the harvest of a lot of good-sized potatoes, there were also a lot of itty-bitty potatoes.  The size that are a bit of a pain to wash, but you can’t just throw them away because they are food. 

I turned to Food.com again to see if there were any interesting recipes for roasted potatoes and found a simple one with 4.9 out of 5 stars.  It looked like a winner to me.

So I gathered two pounds of the itty-bitties after letting them soak in water for an hour or so, I put on a K-drama and went to work washing them.  Boring food prep is always much more enjoyable with a K-drama. 

Ranch Roasted Potatoes

2 lbs potatoes, itty-bitties or small potatoes, quartered

¼ cup olive oil

2 tablespoons ranch dressing mix

Preheat oven to 450°F.  Place potatoes in a plastic bag, add oil, and toss to coat.  Add the salad dressing mix and toss again to coat. 

Spread potatoes evenly on an ungreased baking sheet and bake for 35 minutes or until potatoes are golden and crisp. 

Family reviews:  Aaron and Becky absolutely loved these potatoes; I thought they were a little blah, like they needed more salt or oil.  But I made them again the following week when we had KOTPE and Buttercup over for dinner, and they also loved them.  I loved that the recipe was super quick and easy and that instead of the expensive Hidden Valley Ranch salad dressing mix packet that the recipe called for, I could substitute the much more economical and healthy homemade ranch dressing mix. 

Links to related posts:

Ranch Dressing Mix 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tips for Better Baking with Whole Wheat