Monday, January 19, 2026

Arrowroot Biscuits for Teething Babies

Just because we may be experiencing challenges with a New World Order doesn’t mean that babies need to.  One of the first calamities they experience occurs when their teeth start coming in.  For some, it truly is TEOTWAWKI. 

As I was organizing material on arrowroot for a volume on medicinal herbs, I realized that I didn’t actually have a recipe for arrowroot biscuits.  You might think I was a super inattentive mother, but I never actually knew when my babies were teething, except for that first bite.  I would scream and flick the baby’s cheek, and they usually let go.  One bit harder, and that was unfortunate.  One was a slow learner and bit twice.  I can’t remember who it was, though.  Anyway, my earliest teether got hers at nine months; the latest got his about a week before his birthday.  The later a baby teethes, generally the easier it is for him or her.  So I lucked out there.

However, life is not so easy for a lot of babies and their families.  So I went in search of arrowroot teething biscuit recipes.  And I was really surprised that there were so few.  To be sure, I came across recipes for all kinds of teething biscuits, but few using arrowroot.  The whole point of a teething biscuit is to relieve the baby’s pain, which arrowroot does very well.  In addition, the biscuit needs to be particularly hard so that it doesn’t crumble and cause a choking or aspiration hazard for the baby.  Arrowroot also makes a hard biscuit that won’t crumble.  The others don’t. 

Arrowroot Teething Biscuits

1/4 cup butter

1/2 cup brown sugar

1 egg

1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract

1 cup flour

1/2 cup arrowroot flour

1/2 teaspoon baking powder

1/4 teaspoon salt

 

Cream butter and sugar together.  Mix in the egg and vanilla.  Combine the dry ingredients separately and then add to the butter and sugar mixture, stirring well.  Roll the dough out 1/2" thick and cut into biscuits.  Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 350°F for 8-10 minutes, or until biscuits are golden brown.  Let cool and store in an airtight container.

Links to related posts:

The Medicinal Uses of Arrowroot

Emergency Baby Formula

Inducing Breast Milk (tomorrow)

2 comments:

  1. Good Morning, excellent real world information :-)

    Have you posted about Arrowroot as a pain control for tooth issues? When I was in Mexico I saw the street dentists doing their work using warm saline (boiled and cooled for sterility) was a mouth wash for bleeding and pain. I understood some of the best street dentists used some herbal pain control. Maybe Arrowroot?

    Thanks for your efforts. ARE you thinking of an data stick of your posts incase the NWO folks shut you down? I'd buy one, NO a preppers One 2 of them...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe arrowroot would work to some extent for dental pain, but did not come across much information on it. One of the problems when it comes to herbal medicine is that there is little research oftentimes because of Big Pharma's control or because of patient demand for instant pain relief, and I suspect the latter would be the case with any kind of oral pain and with insurance to pay for it.

      I have no idea how a data stick or anything like that would be done. I'm so technologically impaired that I struggle to keep paragraph spacing and fonts correct on this blog (and you see that I sometimes fail even that). Another reason I haven't pursued it is that I truly believe we will be without reliable electricity at some point--and for more than just a week or two. So I have books in print. The ebook options are pretty inexpensive for those who prefer electronic, but I'm just old school and I really want a hard copy. For readers for whom cost is an issue, everything on the blog can always be copied, pasted, and printed.

      I am a little concerned that I would eventually be shut down, and that's why I'm feverishly working on getting the herbs in book format.

      Thanks for your kind words. Keep on prepping!

      Delete

Tips for Better Baking with Whole Wheat