Disclaimer. I am not a licensed health practitioner. This is just
another post on nutritional needs and deficiencies that you might wish
make sure you have covered in your food storage supplies and plans. No
medication or supplement, including those available over the counter,
should be taken without consulting a physician. Information shared here
is for educational and entertainment purposes only. It is not medical
advice nor a substitute for licensed medical care. A qualified,
licensed physician or other medical provider should be consulted before
beginning any herbal or conventional treatment.
In October 2019, KOTPE came down with influenza. He isolated himself in his
tiny house and no one else got sick. But he was really slammed with it,
so much so that he went to the doc two weeks later because he was still
having problems with his eyes and joints and general fatigue. They ran
tests for Lyme disease just to be sure, but eventually decided it was
just consequences of having the flu.
In January, right before a major archery tournament for my daughters,
Lydia came down with influenza as well. And she shared it with Dad, who
had faithfully gotten his flu shot. He was wiped out for three days, but
not as seriously as she was. She still had to participate in the
archery tournament because it was a mandatory qualifier for the national
tournament two months later. She started in with the flu nine days
before the tournament, and we assumed she'd be fine by tournament day,
so she made the trip with the rest of us. She wasn't fine. She was still
exhausted. She was not able to shoot one practice arrow. We carried her
bow for her everywhere, which we never, ever do for the girls. And she
still managed to take first place in her division, which was miraculous.
All this to say, she was really sick, and it really was influenza.
When Ellie started in with it, KOTPE (who had the flu in October) and QOTPE (who was also participating in the archery tournament) started
in taking huge doses of Diamond V XPC yeast, a product I had been
taking for the past few months. It was too late, I thought, but it
wouldn't hurt.
They didn't get sick.
As the one who always used to get sick, I have not had a single
sniffle or anything else in over three years.
The backstory: A few years ago, after reading several reviews on people using Diamond V XPC animal feed supplement to prevent respiratory illnesses, I decided to pick up a bag. I
took some every day for a few months that summer, and then decided I
didn't see much benefit, so I quit.
Fast forward a couple of years to last August and I decided it was time
to clean out the vitamin shelf. I came across the Diamond V XPC yeast
and decided to start taking it again, kind of to use it up without
wasting it by throwing it away. I took half a teaspoon pretty much
every day.
When KOTPE got the flu, I encouraged everyone else in the family to start
taking the yeast. No one would. "It smells like chicken feed."
The back-backstory begins with Diamond V Mills, a company that has been
producing animal feed supplements for over 60 years. After some
time, it was noticed that the plant employees never got sick. The
office workers did. The family members of the plant employees did. But
the plant employees did not. And so they started asking questions.
And doing some research. Of course, there's a lot more to it than that.
And there are links below to the research and clinical studies. Those
are a little on the boring side when it comes to reading. And long.
So here's the Reader's Digest version:
Extensive medical histories were taken for the plant employees. While
most reported having the normal incidences of colds, flu, allergies,
etc., before coming to work at the plant, all experienced next to
nothing after starting employment at the company. Some hadn't
experienced any infections in 25 years. Others noted improvement in
seasonal allergies, gastrointestinal problems, and autoimmune
conditions.
The plant employees were ingesting enough yeast at work, just from the
dust in the air, to drastically enhance the immune system's ability to
kill viruses, bacteria, and even tumor cells. So what's the deal?
Well, first off, this yeast is not brewer's yeast, and it is not
nutritional yeast, though I suppose you could say they are related.
Diamond V XPC yeast is a patented product that clinical research has
shown to boost substantially the body's immune system, making its immune
response about four times stronger than the average person's. This
yeast product is also high in selenium. And why should this be
important? Well, maybe it's just coincidence, but it has been shown
that inadequate selenium is one reason viruses mutate. Many flu viruses
originate in China, where the soil is very deficient in selenium. Most
avian flu epidemics originate in areas deficient in selenium.
Furthermore, Diamond V XPC yeast is three times higher in antioxidant
activity than the foods with the highest levels, thus enhancing the
body's ability to kill tumor cells.
Clinical studies have shown there are no side effects and absolutely no
interference or interaction with any drugs. There is no problem with
long term use. It's not a product to take after getting a cold or other illness. It's a maintenance product to use to prevent
illnesses. And not only that, it also reduces symptoms of seasonal
allergies, especially runny, stuffy noses. It begins working in just
two hours.
Now, Diamond V XPC yeast is only for animals. It is produced in a
feed-grade facility. It is ridiculously hard to find available for sale
online (unless you're a commercial farm animal producer). It comes in
25- and 50-lb bags, and sells for around two to three dollars per pound.
(Which at 1/2 teaspoon per person per day will last you forever.) I
did find one place, Hoegger Farmyard
that sells it in one-pound bags for $10. Because it's a bulk item, I
just put a half teaspoon in my hand and take it with water. But you can
easily make your own capsules, which is what my daughter does because,
as she claims, "It smells like chicken feed." Some people sprinkle it
on cereal or mix it in a smoothie.
EpiCor yeast is basically Diamond V XPC yeast, but for people. It is
produced in a food-grade facility, and it has a slightly different
formulation. It comes in capsules that are going to run about $10-20
per month, depending on the quantities you purchase. Both products
generally have a minimum two-year shelf life, though I'm using yeast
that's five years old and still disease-free and allergy-relieved.
Now, keep in mind that Epicor is produced in a food-grade facility for
people, while the Diamond V XPC comes from a feed-grade facility for
animals. The FDA's primary purpose is to keep you safe. (I don't have a
sarcasm icon, but if I did, it would go right here.) However, the
great health benefits were observed among people working in the plant
making animal feed supplements. If it's good enough for them, it's good
enough for me. Of course, having it packaged in little capsules is
nice, so maybe EpiCor is the way to go for you.
Do I think this EpiCor/Diamond V XPC yeast could be a huge blessing with
all the diseases coming our way? Absolutely. Do I know it will work?
No, of course not. But it just seems wise to do everything possible to
boost our immune systems, and this is a really easy way to do it. If it
can reduce the number of bacterial infections we get, that will extend
our antibiotic supplies. If it prevents colds, then heck, I wouldn't
even have to store cold medicines.
By this time, you're probably wondering whether it would be effective against COVID. Again, I have no idea. I did an internet search last night to see if there had been any research on the matter. I came up empty. But I suspect it wouldn't hurt. It's got a
pretty good track record with everything else.
Note. I have no financial interest in any company that manufactures or sells Diamond V XPC yeast or Epicor.
Links to related posts:
Cough and Cold Medications
Pneumonic Plague
Acquiring Antibiotics
The Problem with Zebras
For further reading:
http://www.orost.org/Alternatives/0907Walt-noColdsFlu.pdf
http://hoeggerfarmyard.com/xcart/Diamond-V-XPC-Yeast-Culture.html https://www.epicorimmune.com/what-is-epicor/the-epicor-story/
https://www.embriahealth.com/products/epicor/research/human-clinical-trials/
https://www.embriahealth.com/products/epicor/research/human-clinical-trials/digestive-health--microbiome/
https://www.embriahealth.com/media/cms/The_Open_Nutrition_Journal_F930A1A39680D.pdf
https://www.embriahealth.com/products/epicor/research/human-clinical-trials/allergy-symptoms/
https://www.embriahealth.com/products/epicor/research/inflammation-studies/inflammation-fullstudies/#AStudy1
29 august 2019
Thank you for this information. Have sourced it and have been taking it for a couple of weeks.. and no more seasonal allergy symptoms.
ReplyDeleteSame here. It works! :)
Delete