The idea of it kind of even grossed me out. It just seems like eating that much oil could not possibly taste good, even though butter is pretty close to oil. It's a huge mental block for me. But in the interest of trying this out before TEOTWAWKI, I finally made myself do it. I mean, I've had the idea for this post in the line-up of articles for at least six weeks, maybe longer, and I kept pushing it out.
So here are the results:
- Magic Mix chocolate pudding--could not detect a difference, even though we knew it was coconut oil instead of butter.
- Magic Mix Banana Cream Pie--I wish I didn't have to share.
- Magic Mix cream of chicken soup--nobody noticed.
- Magic Mix cream of tomato soup--pretty tasty and the crackers don't get soggy immediately like with SOS cream of tomato soup.
- Cheeseburger Mac 'n' Cheese--nobody noticed.
Overall, I am now convinced that I need to store even more coconut oil. It works beautifully in everything I've tried it in. It's far cheaper than dehydrated butter, canned butter, ghee, and as of the end of May 2020 for me, cheaper than regularly priced butter at the grocery store. And it has a good shelf-life--at least five years, in my experience. With as crazy as things are getting out these and shortages of items that have historically been very inexpensive and easy to purchase for us, I really believe you just can't have too much oil right now, especially coconut oil.
Links to related posts:
Magic Mix
Coconut Oil--Alternative Medicine
Coconut Oil--Health Uses
Emergency Baby Formula
Basic Food Storage--Coconut Oil
Great Granola Recipes with Coconut Oil
Food Storage Items I Wish I Hadn't Bought (And What to Use Instead)
23 august 2024
How can they not notice such huge changes? I can't believe this! Coconut oil tastes so much different than butter
ReplyDeleteI thought it incredible myself. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. Even when I knew and the rest of the family knew it was coconut oil instead of butter, we couldn't tell a difference.
DeleteDo you store unopened coconut oil in the refridgerator?
ReplyDeleteI don't store any of it in the refrigerator. So far, I haven't had any go rancid either.
Delete